Welcome to Day 2 of our week long series about our favorite Portland wedding locations! Yesterday’s post focused on an urban wedding with a view. Today, we’re keeping it small and simple with the cutest church in town — Oaks Pioneer Church. This intimate and historic wedding chapel was built in 1851 on the outskirts of Milwaukie, then moved to its current location at the edge of Sellwood Park in 1961 where it maintains its status as a national historic landmark.
Oaks Pioneer Church
455 SE Spokane St
Portland, OR 97202
This is what you’ll get when you book Oaks Pioneer Church:
- A very reasonable rental cost in the $400 range depending on length of time
- Seating for 75
- An antique pump organ available for music
- A modern dressing room and restroom
- A beautifully landscaped garden area
- Access to Sellwood Park and Sellwood Riverfront Park, which are both just a stone’s throw away
Here are a few tips and comments from local brides about choosing Oaks Pioneer Church for your ceremony location:
- Approximately 300-400 couples get married here, so it’s highly recommended that you book well in advance!
- Make sure to book a little extra time so you’re not rushing to clean up and take photos.
- Take advantage of the nearby parks for your photos. The riverfront offers a nice view with Sellwood bridge to the left and the Portland city skyline to the right.
Keep coming back for more of Portland’s best wedding sites!
The rest of this week’s lineup includes: