Bridal Showers can be the Maid of Honor’s best friend or worst enemy. Sometimes it seems so many different people are involved that planning a bridal shower to please everyone is impossible. If you are struggling to find an all encompassing theme for the bridal shower, consider a tea party! A DIY Bridal Shower tea party is great for ages 8-88 and can really be fun! Especially if the bride enjoys a good cup of tea.
DIY Bridal Shower Ideas for a tea Party
1. Have everyone wear hats! Make sure it is clearly included in the invitation that British Royal hats are the fashion for the party. Wearing hats makes great photos.
This is showcased on Wedding Window. Maybe giving away a prize to the best hat/outfit coordination will inspire some great hat tricks!
2. Think about finger foods. Cucumber sandwiches, petite fours, bouchon, or mints.
My favorites from the photo are scones and Ham and Swiss bites from this DIY bridal shower menu. Here is a great cucumber sandwich recipe.
3. When in doubt get a croquet set and wear blush! Croquet is fun and thrifty.
4. Organize a tea tasting of premium loose leaf teas. If you are in Portland, try getting some premium loose leaf teas from the Tea Zone in the Pearl district. They are a wealth of knowledge and have a huge variety from sweet lychee infused black tea to floral jasmine green teas. This will leave guests saying “wow”!
5. If the bride is really into tea, have everyone bring their favorite tea as a gift to stock the bride’s tea stash. Adding tags for instances like upset stomach, stress relief, energy, and relaxation is a great way to tie them all together.
Art of Weddings loves to write DIY bridal shower ideas because there are so many great possibilities out there. If you have any great DIY bridal shower ideas, please let us know! We would love to showcase them. Tell us about it in the comments or on Facebook.