I am a sucker for all of the gorgeous and elegant hairstyles on Pinterest. Almost every day I see a beautiful hairstyles that I am instantly jealous of. Well, jealous…only because I have tried once or twice or several times to recreate these great hairstyle, only to no avail. You see, I have thin, fine hair, and find that recreating these great dos can be quite challenging. Nonetheless, those of you with thick, long locks, try rocking one of these for your wedding, engagement party, or bridal shower. Here are my picks for the best wedding dos from Pinterest. I have included the sites they came from as well!
Best Wedding Dos
This looks very classic, simple and pretty. Found on Bloom.com.
Braids are big, so this is a definitive winner. This one is courtesy of Keiko Lynn. On a side note, that lipstick looks fantastic!
I love this do because it is elegant but would also be great for a vintage or rustic wedding. Sourced from Hairstyles-Pedia.com.
Braids, flowers, and curls. All the right wedding hair elements! Idea found on LongHairStylesHowTo.com.
Of course, there has to be long cascading curls included on the list. Found on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/sacitaduffy/garden-wedding-ideas/
Braids are big for weddings this year, so be prepared to see more posts in the future featuring braids. What did you think of my choices for best wedding dos? It was hard to narrow them down, so keep watching our Pinterest boards as we continue to post some great wedding hairstyles this spring!
Are you and your groom the outdoorsy types? Do you love long bike rides on the weekends? LifeCycle Adventures could be a honeymoon suited to your tastes! With over 10% of Portland commuters traveling by bicycle, there is bound to be some Portland brides out there into the idea of planning a cycling honeymoon. You can read more about LifeCycle Adventures in other publications like National Geographic Adventure, Esquire, Wanderlust, Men’s Journal, Delta Sky Magazine, Bike Magic, and The Sunday Times.You can keep it local in Oregon, or they also offer vacations in California, Hawaii, and Maine. A cycling honeymoon doesn’t have to be roughing it either. LifeCycle offers tons of options from small inns to staying the night in five-star hotels and resorts.
LifeCycle Adventures offers a variety of options, like a choice between a self guided tour, a private group or scheduled groups where anyone can sign up.
Other Great Options From LifeCycle Adventures
- Towns for overnight stops tailored to your tastes and how much you want to ride each day (for private and self guided tours)
- Your luggage is transported between lodgings for you
- There is van support with a mechanic in case you need it
- Breakfast is always included, and lunch and dinner vary for different options
- Other activities are available, like ziplining, wine tasting, spa treatments, balloon flights, golf, rafting, and more
- They rent bikes, or you can bring your own
Views Found On LifeCycle Adventures Trips
You can find a lot of information on the LifeCycle Adventure website, so check it out. Would you consider riding your way through your honeymoon? We want to know!
Are you ready to get your mouth watering? Keep reading. Today we are covering the Bravo! Live 2012 winner for best caterer, Phresh Organic Catering. If you are holding a localized wedding, there is no way you can go wrong with Phresh Organic Catering. They offer the best Oregon has to offer, with local wines, produce and more. I was pleasantly surprised by their extensive list of sustainability practices. I have included just a sampling as it appears on their website.
Phresh Organic Catering Sustainability Practices
- we purchase:
- farm direct organic, local, seasonal and non genetically modified produce
- line caught fish from the pacific ocean
- responsibly raised, hormone free meats
- local, organic dairy, eggs and dry goods
- phresh composts all kitchen and event food waste through portland’s composting program
- we utilize biodegradable cleaning agents
‘green’ bar service
- our wine list showcases local, salmon safe, organic and bio-dynamic wines oregon wines
- we feature local breweries that have made a commitment to green practices and produce organic beers
- oregon is on the map and is producing locally made distilled spirits; we feature aviation gin, pendelton whiskey, crater lake vodka and oregon distilled deco silver rum
- we offer naturally sweetened organic columbia gorge brand juices, blue sky sodas and izze sparkling juices
Now if that doesn’t have you considering Phresh Organic Catering, take a look at some sample menu items…
This is their potato galette with apple compote & chive, by Juliana Patrick Photography. Other menu items as they appear on their website.
Other Sample Menu Items From Phresh Organic Catering
Winter Wedding Menu
- free range draper valley chicken with roasted butternut squash sauce with quince & sage
- potato, leek & bacon profiteroles
Spring Wedding Menu
- flower petal & baby spinach salad with apple & honey – lavender vinaigrette
- carlton farms pork loin with fennel & cider reduction
Summer Wedding Menu
- Oregon fresh caught snapper with sautéed fennel, celery, lemon & thyme
- eggplant confit with white beans & oven dried tomatoes
Fall Wedding Menu
- smoked salmon potato galette with crème fraiche
- sautéed red cabbage with apples & nutmeg
This photo was found on 100LayerCake.com of Phresh’s food in action. Love this picture idea. Photo by Erin Grace Photography.
Phresh Organic Catering offers a great selection of vegetarian and vegan catering options as well. See something you like? Tell us what it was!
Yes, you read that right. After the big marriage of Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves last year with a camping theme, this has become a big wedding trend and is expected to get really big in 2013. Brides this year are loving the idea of a camping wedding ala summer camp. If it sounds like roughing it, don’t be so sure…a new term has developed from this wedding trend and is known in the wedding industry as “glamping”. A camping wedding or reception often involves high-end tents and lots of fun camping infrastructure.
Camping Wedding Ideas
- A bourbon tent
- A kids tent, they will love it!
- S’more station
- Several fire pits
- Candles (also a big wedding trend this year)
- Rustic blue camp dishes
- A personalized Corn Hole set
- Morning brunch
- Hot cocoa and apple cider
- Fancy lanterns
- Have plenty of blankets for the cold evening hours
- Give out monogrammed sporks as wedding favors
This is a very appropriate fit for Oregon weddings, although you should be sure that you are free and clear of rain. If you are hosting a summer wedding in 2013 dig into this new wedding idea! There are a few places in Oregon offering help with camping weddings. check out Camp Colton, Lake Creek Lodge, or Horning’s Hideout.
Wedding Camping Inspiration
This was found on BuffaloBrides.com. An idea of what camping wedding tents entail.
This is definitely ”glamping”! Found on Travelettes.
What “glamping” for kids looks like. A kids tent is a must! Found on You’ll Love It Too…
A camping wedding tablescape. Yes, you can still have a tablescape. Found on The Sweet Occasion.
Also from The Sweet Occasion, consider what colorful and eclectic touches you can bring to the wedding day. I love the idea of the guys all in plaid flannel.
Are you considering a camping wedding or reception? Tell us your plans on Facebook, Tiwtter, or Pinterest. You can find all the links at the top of the page!