For some brides, finding a minister or wedding officiant can be just as difficult as finding the right wedding venue. It is important for some brides to feel connected to the officiant, sharing values, beliefs, or other important aspects of life. If you are hosting a Oregon wedding, one officiant to consider is Rev. Rob Figley. Rev. Rob Figley has an associate degree in Christian Studies and a Bachelors in Church Ministry. He specializes in diverse ceremonies bringing various families and cultures together.
A little snippet from his website,
Rev. Robert W. Figley is an ordained non-denominational Christian minister who specializes in custom written wedding vows and commitment ceremonies that are as unique and diverse as you are.
Serving both Washington and Oregon State from his home near Portland, Rev. Figley can bring a fresh perspective to your special day. From grand, elegant affairs, to simple and intimate gatherings,
Rev. Robert Figley can assist you in making your event special.
Some Tips For Choosing A Wedding Officiant
- Try to work out a fee for officiating, if refused, place a donation to the church instead.
- It’s customary give the officiant a tip.
- After the ceremony, the best man should give an envelope with the gratuity(that the groom has provided) to the officiant.
- Base the tip amount on the officiant’s time commitment.
- If money seems inappropriate, it’s acceptable to give your officiant a gift.
- Always invite the officiant to the wedding reception. Try to seat him with family members who will include him in conversation and wedding events.
Does Rev. Rob Figley seem to fir for your wedding day? What sort of wedding officiant are you looking for? Share your own wedding officiant secrets with all the Art of Weddings brides on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest.
There are not many things I like more than cupcakes, I mean really, who doesn’t love cupcakes? My mouth was definitely watering as I did this write up on Cupcake Jones. Yum!
Cupcake Jones is an entirely locally owned and operated business that has a bakery baking amazing tasting cupcakes seven days a week. On top of operating the bakery shop they provide wedding cupcakes or cupcakes for any event. Wedding cupcakes were a big trend in 2012 and I expect it will be in 2013 as well. There are a lot of reasons to choose Cupcake Jones for your wedding cupcakes, but here are just a few I found from their website.
Reasons To Choose Cupcake Jones For Your Wedding Cupcakes
- We have a menu that changes monthly to take advantage of fresh and seasonal ingredients
- We fill all of our Jumbos sized cupcakes with delicious homemade fillings that complement the cake and icing flavors We bake from scratch all day We make our garnishes by hand from scratch. This month’s handmade garnishes include: marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal cookies, berry jam, candied rose petals, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, raspberry sauce, lemon chips, orange chips, carrot chips, thin mint cookies, and linzer cookies
- We use fruits, not food coloring, in our icings
- We never use shortening
- We are a locally owned family business
- We use fresh whole eggs
- We use Pure Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla
- We donate all of our unsold cupcakes daily to a local service agency for the homeless
- We use zipcar and public transportation for deliveries
- We recycle everything we can
- We use biodegradable non aerosol cleaners
- We have doggie cupcakes
Is that enough reasons for you? If not, check out these pictures.
I am betting you are convinced that wedding cupcakes is something to consider now! It didn’t take much for me to be convinced. Spread the news on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Okay, here’s a doozy for you. A group of truly multitalented women coming together to make amazing weddings happen. Well that is exactly what I found with Creations By Ly – Portland Wedding and Event Planning. They were great fun to have at the Art of Weddings bridal show on Thursday, so I am happy to cover them today to let you know a little more about their services. One of the best things I read on their website was this,
By fusing elegance, creativity and sensibility, our staff give your wedding personalized attention.
I like that. One thing I noticed was that they really are creative and seem to be able to put together very unique weddings and events. Maybe a specialty? They also have various selections for Oregon brides regarding how much or how little help they want with their wedding.
Categories of Service Offered From Creations By Ly
- The Complete Ensemble – Perfect for a Portland wedding that involves multiple days and out of town guests. Brides get help from start to finish.
- The Essentials – This one is great for really busy couples. Full service from budget and design concept to managing onsite activities the day of your wedding.
- The Collaborator – This lets brides decide what they need help with most and is the most versatile service offered.
- The Perfect Day – This service begins 6-8 weeks before your wedding and covers everything you will need to actually enjoy the wedding you’ve worked so hard to plan.
- A La Carte services also available.
Photo Inspiration From Creations by Ly – Portland Wedding & Event Planning
Thoughts on Creations By Ly? Please share on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!
First off, a huge thanks to all of our Art of Weddings vendors and guests who attended the bridal show last night. It was a stunning night of wedding inspiration and we are proud to have been able to bring all of the swankiest wedding vendors into one place for a night. Thanks to The Armory for providing an excellent venue. We are looking forward to the photos from the night as they become available and will post them on Facebook and Pinterest. Stay up to date with Art of Weddings on the blog and on social media year round.
There were a few bridal show vendors who I have yet to cover, so I will continue covering local vendors through this week. I am a sucker for great stationary, so it is no mystery that I love seeing new wedding invitation ideas. 1st Comes Love wedding invitations are modern, cute and fun.
1st Comes Love… Wedding Invitations
Looking good to me! Love the top left invitations with the maps lining the envelope. Photo from http://weddinginvitelove.com/profiles/1st-comes-love/.
This one was found on http://www.projectwedding.com/vendor/show/1st-comes-love.
It is always nice to know what to expect when working with a wedding vendor, so I am glad that 1st Comes Love posted their process online so customers know exactly what to expect.
1st Comes Love Invitation Design Process
- Fill out their custom form. (available on their website at www.1stcomeslove.com)
- Consultation. Meet in person if you are in Portland or over the phone outside the Portland area.
- Choose a previously used design or choose to have 1st Comes Love create a truly unique design for your event. There are fees for a custom design.
- You will get an online copy of your invitation in 5 business days.
- Production takes approximately 8-10 weeks.
Make sure you calculate enough time to send your wedding invitations out and receive the replies back. 1st Comes Love recommends you start planning your wedding invitations about six months in advance of your wedding. Let us know your thoughts on wedding invitations and more by leaving a comment below or on Facebook.