The tides are changing! While pretty but barely there nail polish is on its way out, 2012 brings a new wave of style for your wedding day nails. Inspired by the folks at Beautylish, check out these runway favorites and paint on a splash of color in honor of your something blue.
CHANEL Exclusive Creation Nail Colour in Sky Line
Chanel’s Spring 2012 catwalk showcased pale, pearled blue nails. The exclusive lacquer, aptly named Sky Line, will be available for purchase come July on chanel.com.
OPI Nail Lacquer in I Don’t Give a Rotterdam! (Spring 2012 Holland Collection)
From designer Angel Sanchez comes a stunning, steel-tinged periwinkle. We love this shade, for it flatters nearly every complexion and gives the right amount of edge without overshadowing the bride on her walk up the aisle.
ESSIE Nail Polish in Who Is The Boss (Spring 2012 Bridal Collection)
For those who prefer the warmer, aquatic side of the wedding color wheel, Essie’s nuptial knockout, Who Is The Boss, provides a subtle, robin’s egg blue that dries into the perfect pastel seafoam color. The no-shimmer creme formula is flattering on all nail shapes and the mix of blue, green and gray perfectly coordinates with any wedding band.
Oscar de la Renta’s Essential Larimar Nail Polish
This icy blue nail polish debuted earlier this year as one of Oscar de la Renta’s first ever beauty products. The color is inspired by the blue larimar gemstones of the Dominican Republic and is slated to hit stores this fall (though devoted followers might be able to snag a bottle from de la Renta’s Facebook page as early as next month!). If the brand’s success in the fashion world has anything to say about it, this new beauty line is sure to be a smash hit!
When I read a quote from local Portland wedding makeup artist Erin Livingston, I knew she was worth writing about. The quote she wrote on her website was,
“Bringing out the inner and outer radiance of each woman is my passion. Whether it is a wedding, special event, commercial shoot, or you just want to learn how to get the right look for you, call me for a professional beauty solution. I will provide flawless makeup that allows your inner beauty to shine through. I believe that we are all wonderfully made.”
I believe we are all wonderfully made too! The following brides are a testament to that, and check out their wedding makeup provided by Wonderfully Made and Erin Livingston.
If you need more proof of her talents, I found the following in an online review,
“Erin was AMAZING! Not only did she do flawless work, she was also encouraging, supportive and fun. And she didn’t get at all flustered when we started makeup an hour behind schedule due to other circumstances. I cannot say enough about Erin…I was extremely blessed to have her be a part of my special day. Hire her!!!!”
Contact Erin for your wedding makeup or other makeup needs.
When planning your wedding day you may think that when you’ve checked off the major items on your list that you have time to relax until the day arrives. Don’t get too comfortable! I’m in the final planning stages of a very small ceremony with less than ten guests. You may think how easy! No matter the size of the guest list an event takes planning. Here are some final details I’m currently working out and thought you could start thinking about as well. When you look at this list, it’s all beauty or salon services! If men only knew what we do to look so fabulous. Make a list and check it twice! Hope this helps with your planning.
- Set up a trial run for hair and make-up.
- Ask your make-up artist how long the process will take. This will help you set your start time for the day. Very important to give yourself a little bit of a cushion, especially if you are traveling from the salon.
- Get your hair trimmed and colored. Stylist, Mandy Zelinka recommends doing this two weeks before your wedding day so your color looks more natural.
- Where are you putting your dress on? Will it be at the church, ceremony site or at your hotel room. Remember, you don’t want to sit in your dress in the car if you don’t have to. Why? The freshly steamed garment will quickly have butt wrinkles!
- Have a dedicated bag packed the night before with everything you will need to get ready. This could include the following: bridal underwear/garments, toothbrush & paste, lint brush, garter, strapless bra, bridal shoes, tide bleach pen, small needle and thread kit, hair products, make-up etc.
- Set up your waxing appointment a few days before the wedding.
- Set up an appointment for your manicure and pedicure, if you need it add in a massage! We like Pink & White Nail Salon with their shellac colors.
- Book a spray tan three days before for a little extra color. You can also do this after your manicure. You can decide how light or dark you want it to look. Try the bronze bar at Portland Spa & Boutique, it gives you a nice bronze glow. They also offer some amazing wedding packages for the complete relaxation and pampering experience!