Summer is just around the corner, which means outdoor weddings are in full planning mode. Today’s wedding search led me to take a look into wedding arbors. Wedding arbors can be made from a variety of fun materials including balloons, flowers, paper flowers, plants, lights, trees, or anything else you can think up! Scroll to see what I mean!
Cool Wedding Arbors
This has nice coverage and elegance. The sheer fabric is romantic and beautiful. Could not find the link for this photo from Pinterest.
This is creative, fun, and elegant. I love the flower bundles and the crystals. This is going to make for great photos. From Heavenly Blooms.
If you are looking for lots of color this is the way to go! I love the whimsical kites! Perfect for a beach wedding. Super adorable. If you can get someone to make or buy the arbor, there are lots of resources online to help you make DIY paper flowers. If you are looking to keep costs down, paper flowers are great for DIY wedding arbors. From I Do It Yourself.
I am in love with this rustic wedding arbor. This is just perfect. From Glamarella Junk.
Balloons and tassels! This is fun, complete with a fun looking couple. I am seeing these big balloon more and more wedding decor. I like it. From Style Me Pretty.
Perfect for book lovers! This is a great way to add color. Use books with the colors in you wedding color palette. From Off Beat Bride.
Find any wedding arbors you might try? Tell us if you do…we would love to see wedding arbor!
Alrighty! Here it comes, the best cupcake recipe for DIY wedding cupcakes. Thinking about making your own? Even if it is just for the bridal shower or engagement party and not the wedding day, here is how to create tasty vanilla cupcakes with orange buttercream icing. Kinda like a Creamsicle in cupcake form. Super yummy and perfect for an orange wedding! If orange isn’t in your wedding color scheme, no worries…just don’t add food coloring and they will be the same yumminess and perfectly acceptable wedding color, white!
All the ingredients plus some extra goodies you might want to use for decoration!
DIY Wedding Cupcakes – Recipe
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (I used vanilla infused sugar – post on that coming soon!)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- Cupcake liners (I prefer white for weddings)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with the liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, usually about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time. Mix them in well.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Add flour/baking powder/salt mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling papers about 2/3 full.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven until tops spring back to touch. Usually between 18-24 minutes. It depends on how full the cups are.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
TIPS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
- Use the largest eggs.
- Make sure you fill the cups evenly with batter mixture. If you don’t, the cupcakes will cook unevenly and some will be overdone and some will be under done. I recommend using an ice cream scoop to make uniform scoops.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan immediately and cool on a rack. If they stay in the pan they will continue to cook.
- Make sure they are COMPLETELY cool before you ice them. The icing will melt and be really ugly otherwise!
Orange Buttercream Icing Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons orange juice
- yellow and red food coloring
- In a small bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the powdered sugar, orange peel, and vanilla.
- Add enough orange juice to get the right consistency.
- Mix in two drops of red dye and enough yellow to get the color you want.
TIPS FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
- Write down how many drops of each food coloring you used in case you need to make more icing.
- Use a whole orange for the peel and the juice. Fresh squeezed orange juice will taste better and not have added sugar.
To DIY Wedding Cupcakes or Not to DIY Wedding Cupcakes
Heed caution. If you are thinking about making all your own wedding cupcakes, with hand decorations, this could be very labor intensive, so gather a crew! This is also fun just for a bridesmaid get together, bridal shower, or engagement party. Are you a DIY bride? What DIY wedding projects are you planning? Share your stories with all the DIY brides out there in our comment section.
Recipes, Photos, and Ideas from Alyssa Roehrenbeck, Art of Weddings Contributor
Don’t want to just ask over the phone? Have a little more fun popping the question to your bridesmaids by making your own bridesmaid invitations, or by having them made. Bridesmaid invitations are fun and will also offer your bridesmaid a unique keepsake from the wedding experience. One of these creative ideas is bound to spark some bridesmaid invitation inspiration, so enjoy!
Bridesmaid Invitations and Ideas
As usual…Pinterest surfing. If there were a contest with a cash prize on Pinterest finds…I think I would be rich!
This is a past and present fave. Couldn’t find the source for this photo…but you could get these made, or re-design them yourself! Adding a personal touch is always ideal in wedding fun!
If you or your bridesmaids are Walking Dead fanatics like the rest of the world, these zombie bridesmaid invites are pretty darn cute. From Greeting Card Universe for only $2-$3 each!
I love this little bridesmaid survival kit idea. So cute! Found from here. Look for old boxes, or recycle materials to construct your kits.
We were just talking about wine weddings the other day! This fits right in. From Indulgy.com.
These are handmade, unique, and surely something your bridesmaids will keep! These are ONLY $5 EACH on Etsy, by LetsGetDecorative.
Find something you like? Off to create your own? Show us your bridesmaid invitations! Help us inspire other brides!
I know a lot of wedding bloggers and magazines are saying that burlap is phasing out of the wedding scene, but I think I have to disagree. Everywhere I look I see DIY burlap wedding ideas, burlap wedding inspiration, and more and more burlap! I predict one reason is the affordability of burlap. Large quantities and second-hand burlap are easy to find, so with a plethora of it around, burlap seems like an obvious choice. Especially when you start to see some of the amazing burlap wedding ideas out there. Burlap is a great canvas so to speak for jazzing up your wedding with other colors, and more. Check out the latest finds!
The Latest Burlap Wedding Ideas
Burlap Wedding Invites
I love the burlap trifold to tie it all together. Very elegant. Designed by Paper Design Ink.
Originally posted to Pinterest by Faith Hope and Charity Shopping. I would love to see someone try this idea and add a little lavender in!
This gives you an idea about just how elegant burlap can be! Beautiful tablescape by A Low Country Wedding.
Burlap Wedding Garland
Also found on A Low Country Wedding. Wedding garland is one of my favorite trends for 2013, for more about it, read my post: DIY Wedding Decor: Dried Fruit Wedding Garland.
Burlap Chair Bows
This is a great DIY wedding ideas and very affordable! Found from somewhere on DIY Inspired.
Burlap Groom’s Gift
I had to throw this in for fun! Found on Emmaline Bride.
Find any burlap wedding ideas that are going into your idea vault? I’d love to know which ones!